THE LEGAL AGREEMENTS SET OUT BELOW GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE COURTS USER REGISTRATION PORTAL. USE OF THIS SITE INDICATES THAT YOU AGREE. DO NOT USE THIS SITE IF YOU DO NOT AGREE.
Travis County provides this system information and services "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Travis County does not warrant the accuracy, authority, completeness, usefulness, timeliness, or fitness for any particular purpose of the system information or services. Travis County and its officials and employees shall not be liable for any loss or injury caused in whole or in part by its negligence, contingencies beyond its control, or errors or omissions in the system information or services.
1. INTERNET ACCESS TO RECORDS: Documents in this site are an unofficial copy received from the District Clerk. Requestor will be permitted internet access only to selected documents records and data (the "Information").
2. LOGIN AND PASSWORD. The Requestor will be required to create a login ID and password for internet access to the Information. We reserve the right to alter or eliminate Requestor's login ID or password at any time, without prior notice. The login ID must conform to certain standards, which will be made available to the Requestor at the time of creation. Requestor must keep the login ID and password confidential but may permit use by Requestor’s employee.
3. PURPOSE: The purpose of this access is solely to permit Requestor to view and inspect the selected Information and Requestor may not make or attempt to make any modifications to it.
6. CUSTODY AND CONTROL: Requestor agrees that while accessing, viewing, and using the Information, the Requestor will be under the same responsibilities and duties as the Clerk to protect and carefully keep the Information, and will be subject to the same penalties for any violation of those responsibilities and duties. The Requestor is to keep confidential those numbers or names in the Information that would identify a victim or witness or that could be used to access their personal, governmental, financial, medical, or property records or accounts. Requestor further agrees that the Clerk may at any time exercise control over the Information or implement and enforce, without notice, such rules and restrictions as the Clerk sees fit for the use of and access to the Information. This may include interruption or temporary termination of Requestor's access to the Information as the Clerk may deem necessary for the purposes of security, systems administration, or any other purpose.
7. EQUIPMENT AND CONNECTIONS: The Requestor will obtain and supply, at Requestors sole cost, all equipment, including computer, software, and peripherals and pay for any and all fees or costs necessary to implement this Agreement.
8. TERM: This Agreement will continue until such time as it is terminated.
9. TERMINATION: Any party may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason, without notice.
10. INDEMNIFICATION: To the extent allowed by law, the Requestor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Travis County and its officers and employees from any and all loss, liability, cost or expense arising out of or related to a breach of this Agreement; for use or misuse of the Information by Requestor, Requestor’s employee, or any person gaining access to the Information, whether through consent, acquiescence, or negligence of Requestor or Requestor's agents or employees.
12. ASSIGNMENT OR SUBCONTRACT: The Requestor can neither assign these terms nor subcontract the Requestor's access to the Information to any other person, firm, or other legal entity without express written consent.
13. AUTHORIZATION: The agent or agents using this software on behalf of the Requestor represent that the agent is authorized to use on the Requestor's behalf.
14. MONITORING. The Requestor agrees to be monitored. This includes the Requestor's use of the access to the Information, including live monitoring, without the Requestor's consent.
15. These Terms and Conditions may be revised at any time. It is the obligation of users visiting the website before the change to learn of changes to the Terms and Conditions since their last visit. Any change to these Terms and Conditions shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the website before the change was made.